With enough power to throw high speed fastballs up to 85 mph, a remarkable range of pitch types, and great versatility, the JUGS M600 Lite-Flite is meant to give you a fantastic day of practice, challenging you day in and day out. We certainly feel it deserves a spot in our list of the best pitching machines available.
This affordable, long lasting, and unique ball throwing machine is highly recommended if you want an equipment that gives you big-league type performance for a small price. Since it throws only Lite-Flite balls, the JUGS Lite-Flite is also made for those who want to overcome the fear factor of live pitching.
JUGS Sports is the #1 bestselling company of baseball pitching machines. Their products include highly advanced machines suitable for amateurs and professionals alike. The JUGS Lite-Flite is the most economical machine available in their range that throws big-league style pitches at a minor league price.
What's Included on this page:
- Throws JUGS Lite baseballs and softballs, and JUGS Bulldog baseballs and softballs
- Throws a variety of pitch types including fastballs, curveballs, and sliders; pitch type can be adjusted using simple Select-A-Pitch™ knob
- Swivel design base rotates 360 degrees and can be adjusted for fly balls, pop-ups and grounders
- Runs on 1/8 horsepower, 1.3 amp motor; battery pack sold separately
- Weighs 35 pounds
- Compatible with an auto feeder
At a very nominal price of $395, the JUGS Lite-Flite Machine is loaded with features and benefits that truly make it the most worthwhile purchase you will make. In the sections that follow, our review takes a more detailed look at the main benefits.
Throws lighter baseballs and softballs
The JUGS Lite-Flite is especially designed to provide a fear-free practice with lighter balls. Since it throws lighter practice balls, it is not meant for a league game but that doesn’t mean it won’t prepare you for the BIGS. By throwing JUGS Lite-Flite baseballs and softballs and JUGS Bulldog baseballs and softballs, it prepares a player to hit a sharp-breaking pitch with confidence without the fear of getting hit.
The machine includes 4 samples balls and for a good practice session, it is recommended to buy a couple dozen balls that are available at a nominal price.
Select-A-Pitch™ Pitch Selection
It features a very simple Select-A-Pitch™ calibration along with the 360 degree swivel base design to change pitch types. It can throw left-handed or right handed, fastballs, curveballs and sliders. Because of this unbelievable range of pitch selection, this machine truly delivers to challenge you day in and day out.
Simple Speed Dial
The JUGS Lite-Flite Pitching Machine simulates speeds from 15-85 mph, which can be easily adjusted using a simple speed dial. Adjusting speeds on a pitching machine has never been so easy!
The swivel base design has a 360 degree pan, which can be adjusted to simulate fly balls, pop-ups, and grounders for fielding practice. This makes the machine more versatile and great for practicing defense in the backyard.
The machine runs on 1/8 horsepower, 1.3 amp motor and 110AC V. However, for true portability, it is recommended to buy a separate battery pack so it can be taken away for games without the hassle of finding an electrical outlet. The battery is good for 3 hours of continuous usage and can be charged fully in 4 hours.
Quick change design features
Another feature that makes the Lite-Flite quite versatile is its quick change design feature that includes a switch-and-play knob for switching between baseball and softball in seconds.
Auto feeder for solo games
The machine is compatible with an auto feeder sold separately, which is recommended for solo practices.
- The machine can throw a variety of pitch types including fastballs, curveballs and sliders, which is a feature rarely found in machines available at this price range.
- It is excellent for use with younger kids who are afraid of being hit by the ball. It gives them an opportunity to hit sharp-breaking pitches without the fear of being hurt.
- Calibrating the machine for pitch type and adjusting for speed is extremely easy with simple instructions given.
- It takes only 3 or more pitches to get the pitch of your choice when you set it up for the first time. And once the settings are locked in, it will throw consistent and accurate pitches.
- Storing the machine is easy with durable storage bags provided.
- It throws great fly balls, pop ups and grounders for fielding practice.
- It is light weight for easy portability.
- The high quality design of the machine is built to last a long time.
- The machine comes with a 2 year guarantee on all parts.
- The biggest drawback is its inability to throw regular baseballs and softballs. Hence, it might limit its use for older players who need to practice with regular baseballs.
- Setting up the machine takes a little time. Expect to spend about 10-13 minutes on setting up.
- Although changing pitch type is easy, but it still requires time and the machine has to be re-calibrated all over again to get the ball within the strike zone.
Overall, this is a machine worth every penny. You will not find any other machine with the same feature set at this price. With its remarkable range of pitch types and really high ball speeds, this one is meant to give you a fantastic day of practice and will surely get you head and shoulders above your previous abilities and skill levels.
The JUGS Lite-Flite is highly recommended if you are looking for a high performance machine but can’t afford to pay a fortune for it.